Nutella Cheesecake Squares
This recipe is both tasty and visually appealing. It is great for parties as the squares provide modest serving sizes and silverware free eating.
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter an 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper, Make sure that the parchment covers the corners and set the dish aside.
- Use a food processor to chop the Oreo cookies into crumbs. Add the melted butter into the processor and continue until moistened. Next press the Oreo mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake until the crust has set which typically takes about 12 minutes. After baking allow it to cool completely
- Add the eggs, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and ¼ cup heavy cream into the cleaned food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth. Place ⅔ of the cream cheese mixture in a separate bowl and put it aside. Add 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream and the Nutella to the ⅓ cream cheese mixture remaining in the processor. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- To complete the cheesecake spread the cheesecake mixture over the baking dish with the cooled Oreo crust. Take care not to break the crust while spreading the mixture. Next pour the Nutella cheesecake mixture on top of the plain cheesecake layer and spread it evenly. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for approximately 35 minutes, or until the center wobbles only slightly. Remove from the oven and allow the cheesecake to completely cool. Use a cooling rack. After it has cooled refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 3 hours.
- To serve just lift the bars out of the pan by pulling up the parchment paper. It should lift from the dish easily. Cut the finished cheesecake into 12 squares and serve!
Original Recipe credit goes to: http://laurassweetspot.com/2012/01/24/nutella-cheesecake-squares/