Generally speaking Nutella is much more well known in the Commonwealth countries than it is in the United States. It is also something that I find unpalatable in almost all of its food applications. Cheesecakes are the one exception to this rule. Somehow using Nutella in a cheesecake brings out everything positive it has to offer. Given that my wife loves Nutella on practically anything, Nutella cheesecake is one place where I can share her tastes along those lines.
Since it is a bit less popular in the USA than elsewhere, it is difficult to just pop out and pick up a ready-made Nutella cheesecake. Lucky for us there are tons of great recipes out there. Some of them don’t even require baking! I have chose some of my favorites and am listing them here. My selection criteria is based on three major items:
My Nutella Cheesecake Selection Criteria
- Deliciousness Factor - This is an easy one. The better it tastes the higher marks I give the recipe!
- Ease of Preparation - Although there are your odd ducks out there, most of us don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. Any recipes that have a low degree of difficulty get extra credit from me.
- Originality - I am a major supporter of creative variations on standard recipes. If you get tired of the everyday version, you can try some little twists to liven things up.
It doesn’t get any simpler than this. Whip up a delicious batch of Nutella Cheesecake without ever having to power on your oven. This No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Recipe is as tasty as it is easy! This is a perfect dessert for when you are pressed for time and still need to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 8 Oreo Cookies (generic brand works as well)
- 2 tbsp Room Temperature Butter
- 4 oz. Whipped Cream
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Topping Ingredients to taste (Chocolate Chips, Nuts, etc.)
No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Directions:
- Prepare the crust by crumbling the Oreos into a mixing bowl and melting the butter onto the crushed cookies.
- After mixing it completely, spread the crust batter onto small bowls or cups. The photo shows small glasses being used.
- Create the filling by mixing together the Cream Cheese and Nutella using an electric mixer.
- Add the Whipped Cream and Vanilla Extract to the mixture. Make sure you gently fold in the whipped cream so that it maintains its volume.
- Add the mixture to each of the prepared serving containers.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- When you are ready to serve you can add your optional toppings (nuts, chocolate chips, whipped cream, etc.)
Apparently there is a such a thing as World Nutella Day. Given how I generally try to avoid Nutella in most of its non-cheesecake forms, I don’t see myself celebrating the occasion. If I were forced though I would definitely choose to indulge myself with the below recipe which was featured for the event.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup nutella
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons Frangelico (hazlenut liquor)
- • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line the inside of an 8 inch square metal pan usingnon-stick foil. Using a food processor, grind sugar and cookie crumbs until they are finely ground. Add butter and continue to mix until moistened and similar to the consistency of wet sand. Press the mixture into bottom of pan.
2. Clean the processor bowl and add the cream cheese and sour cream. Process until smooth while scraping the side of the bowl as needed. Next add the sugars, vanilla, Nutella, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Continue to process until it is thoroughly mixed. Scrape sides of bowl and add egg and cornstarch and continue to mix. Add the Frangelico and mix until the mixture is well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookie crust.
3. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 35-40 minutes. Set it aside on a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely. Afterwards cover the pan and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Prior to serving lift the foil from the pan and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the Nutella cheesecake into squares.
Original Recipe credit goes to: http://www.handletheheat.com/2011/02/nutella-cheesecake-squares.html
Nutella cheesecake gets even more delicious when paired with chocolate. Add some hazelnuts to compliment the Nutella flavor and you have one delicious cheesecake!
- 15 chocolate cookies (use your personal preference as far as brand)
- 1/2 cup toasted ground hazelnuts
- 50 g of butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 750 g cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- optionally 2 tbsp liquor (used amaretto) or rum aroma
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix the ground cookies, sugar, nuts, and butter. Line a 10 inch backing pan with foil and pressin the mixture. Bake the for 10 mins. Set it aside on a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely.
Mix in the cheese then add pre-mixed coffee along with cocoa, sugars, hot water, cocoa, Nutella, cornstarch, salt and eventually liquor until it is well mixed. Next add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
Pour the cheese mixture onto previously baked base and bake for an additional hour. Afterwards allow it to cool and then refrigerate for minimum of 8 hours.
This recipe is both tasty and visually appealing. It is great for parties as the squares provide modest serving sizes and silverware free eating.
Nutella Cheesecake Squares
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter an 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper, Make sure that the parchment covers the corners and set the dish aside.
- Use a food processor to chop the Oreo cookies into crumbs. Add the melted butter into the processor and continue until moistened. Next press the Oreo mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake until the crust has set which typically takes about 12 minutes. After baking allow it to cool completely
- Add the eggs, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and ¼ cup heavy cream into the cleaned food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth. Place ⅔ of the cream cheese mixture in a separate bowl and put it aside. Add 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream and the Nutella to the ⅓ cream cheese mixture remaining in the processor. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- To complete the cheesecake spread the cheesecake mixture over the baking dish with the cooled Oreo crust. Take care not to break the crust while spreading the mixture. Next pour the Nutella cheesecake mixture on top of the plain cheesecake layer and spread it evenly. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for approximately 35 minutes, or until the center wobbles only slightly. Remove from the oven and allow the cheesecake to completely cool. Use a cooling rack. After it has cooled refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 3 hours.
- To serve just lift the bars out of the pan by pulling up the parchment paper. It should lift from the dish easily. Cut the finished cheesecake into 12 squares and serve!
Original Recipe credit goes to: http://laurassweetspot.com/2012/01/24/nutella-cheesecake-squares/